Earlier this year our conveyor experts worked on a COVID-19 test kit conveyor with a cooling and box indexing system. Since then, we have been thrilled to work with Plastic Engineering Solutions, based in the UK, to design and manufacture a COVID-19 test tube conveyor and rotary carousel system.
Plastic Engineering Solutions has over 20 years experience as a technical injection moulding specialist and required a bespoke counting conveyor and storage system for the moulded components.
Through our skills and expertise, we designed, manufactured and installed a bespoke system to meet their requirements and to ensure efficiency and productivity. Discover the challenges and solutions we worked on in our case study below.
- High mould cavitation
- Fast mould cycle
- High component spillage
- High quality construction required for the conveyor using price competitive materials
- Labour intensive process with manual box change over
- Small footprint available for a solution
After we discussed the issues with the team at Plastic Engineering Solutions, we worked on creating a system to fit in with their needs and budget. This was presented and approved using the latest 3D CAD software.
- HMWPE conveyor sides, stainless steel mobile support frame and PET-G dust covers
- Polybag accumulation system
- Bespoke PLC programme to allow the machine setter to input the actual amount of mould cavitations to achieve the target quantity
- PLC inputs and outputs to communicate with the moulding machine
- Bespoke conveyor design using the latest 3D CAD software
After presenting our bespoke design, we manufactured and delivered two types of systems, 4 and 8 off tubes with diameters and heights to suit the customers polybags.
3D models of the bespoke designs
About Plastic Engineering Solutions
Plastic Engineering Solutions (PES) specialise in re-engineering from metal to plastic, engineering consultancy, short run component manufacturing, and technology transfer for a wide range of businesses. Based in Wiltshire, England they have partnerships with industry research groups to ensure they offer clients the latest technology.
Make an enquiry with our team
Don’t hesitate to contact us by calling 01753 548801 or emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We can offer a free, no obligation chat about your requirements and answer any questions you may have about how specialists can help.
There are over 1,600 clients using our conveyors so you can pick us with the full confidence that you’ll benefit from excellent systems and customer service throughout.